Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A is for...

Allsorts: The Adverts, Adam Ant and Amos Milburn - just a few of the A themed tracks and acts playlisted in the first installment of our Podrophonic Alphabet, getting a run out on S6 Radio tonight..(9 - 10:30) As well a handful of songs to bring you,  there's guest appearances, as Gaye Advert and TV Smith stop by to say hello - and former Ant man, now Wolfman - Chris Constantinou gives us an exclusive interview on why Adam Ant is Live Aid's forgotten rocker.. You can spot Chris on Bass below And cherry-popping here..
And - we want your DIY idents. But more on that tonight

7 comments:

Kolley Kibber said...

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I can't listen tonight because someone offered me a free ticket to see Adam Ant.And I said yes. Ooer, this could go either way.

John Medd said...

Everyone remembers Apollo 9, 11 and 13. But who remembers Apollo 440? Break a leg tonight.

Mondo said...

Let's compare notes - Piles and I are off to see him in Southend tomorrow. And free, bargain! the Southend tickets were going for a fine ol' price on Ebay..

Stop The Rock was always a fave round our way J

Paul Messis said...

Adverts were one of my favourite bands during school... I just did a post about Anorexia, one of the best punk singles of the 80s.

Mondo said...

Cheers Paul - check out the exhibitions Gaye curates - Beyond Punk. New one at the Signal Gallery in November with original art from some of punk's heavy hitters including

Savage Pencil (the Art Attacks)
Ray Gange (Clash DJ/ star of Rude Boy)
Robyn Hitchcock (Soft Boys)
Billy Childish (Pop Rivets)
Jowe Head (Swell Maps/Television Personalities)
Penny Rimbaud (Crass)
Eve Libertine (Crass)
Ray Stevenson (photographer)
Ian Dickson "
Jill Furmanowski "
Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth)
Marco Pirroni (Siouxsie & the Banshees/Adam & the Ants)
Dick Lucas (Subhumans)
Bob Pollard (Guided by Voices)
Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo)
Grant Hart (Husker Du)
Ben the Shape (The Shapes)
Me
Christian Paris (Wire)
Ben Edge (Thee Spivs)
Paul Simonon (the Clash)
Kirk Brandon (Spear of Destiny/Theatre of Hate)
Chris Brief (the Briefs)
Jamie Reid

Mondo said...

Errm the me in that list is actually Gaye Advert (not me)

Simon said...

I found myself turning into you recently. I find myself in conversation on Facebook with Julie Burchill of all people, she's a friend of a friend. That was a bit mad.