Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Planet Plectrum


You may remember back in March, a mention of Plectrum Live Editions, an evening where I caught Cathi Unsworth reading from Bad Penny Blues. The hard copy companion to Plectrum’s Live events and website is the print edition magazine. The May/June issue of Plectrum has just been published and alongside the arts features, short stories and interviews with Biba big-boss Barbara Hulanicki and Biba model Delisia Howard. You’ll find me guesting as reviews editor lending a critical ear to minty fresh albums, singles, comics and podcasts. Two tunes under review are...

Neon Plastix - Gentleman's Gold



The Wolfmen - Cat Green Eyes



Have a listen, see what you think - then click here to see what I think

7 comments:

Furtheron said...

I really like The Wolfmen one - good stuff

Mondo said...

Cracker isn't it F-Ron. The album's due out at some point this year, Courtney Taylor-Taylor of the Dandy Warhols is a big fan of The Wolfmen and has remixed the entire album. I've heard both versions original and remixed - But not sure of any final release running order. Although I'll try and sneak some other nuggets in if I get the chance.

Piley said...

Lovin both tracks. You slipped that Wolfmen in as an exclusive on the 'Animals' podcast a while back didnt you? Amazing track.

davyh said...

Truly you are a Renaissance man Mond.

Mondo said...

That's the one P. Still sounds storming don't it.

Wasn't that a track by Visage or the Spand's Davy?

lil said...

I like it!
Neon Plastix have got an interesting sound?
The Wolfmen are my favourite, just love Cat Green Eyes…

PS I read “Bad Penny Blues” Cathi captured the Seediness of Soho brilliantly; thoroughly enjoyed reading it...

Mondo said...

Don't know how I missed your comm Lil. Glad you enjoyed Bad Penny, I'm really tempted with one of Cathi's other books The Singer, it's set in completely out time early 80s pubs, clubs and gigs