Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The 50th Podrophenia - a Widescreen Edition

More cross-pop pollinations from Sean Hartter here 

When Piley and I first started recording our ramblings and rattlings in his kitchen/my kitchen 3 years back - I don't think either of us would have expected to hit the 50 mark! Well certainly not by now anyway.

But, here we are, our half century later - where tonight's theme - a Film Special, sees us joined in the bunker by Dan from the Blog of Eternal Disappointment and dipping into a jamboree bag of cinematic sounds. I'm not sure what's on Piley's or Dan's playlist, but from me expect: a reggae refit of a Bond theme, a cult classic with a soul spin - some Hammond magic and a film only track from group who were pencilled in to take the leads in early/60s Lord of the Rings...and a mystery film theme

It's been one of the toughest trawls reducing all the contenders down to just four tunes, leaving this lot seated on the subs bench: Roy Budd, Electric Banana (below for both),  Quincy Jones, and Jagger as Turner.

Should you fancy grabbing issue 49: Covers (an all suggestions special) download is here or via iTunes





5 comments:

John Medd said...

More power to yer elbow. Break a leg tonight and say hello to Piley for me; ask him when he's picking up his pen again.

Griffin Hartter said...

sorry that 007 isn't one of my posters. Thanks for the mention, though!

Mondo said...

I'll pass it on John, but Piles a mad busy at the mo' so no time for any bloggery...

Apologies Sean - I'll shout your site on our run-out tonight!

Kolley Kibber said...

Congratulations on your 50th, lads. Bound to be solid gold.

Mondo said...

Cheers ISB - it was a proper ol' chuckle. I'll buzz you a link when it's up